Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A few fun stops along the way

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today, I decided to venture out and tour a bit of my newly adopted hometown! I also may have been in need of a haberdashery for a hem repair for one of Dave's suit pants, but who's counting, really?! Anyway, thought I'd show you all a bit of the neighborhood as well as our lovely bus stop!

Here is a sign that is all over town - so watch out!!!!! They may be coming to a neighborhood near you! Ironically enough, the elderly do get around pretty well and walk everywhere! I'm quite impressed to see them out and about - more so in the elements! You don't see that in Indy!



Next is a photo of our bus stop! It's the East Avenue Stop and we take either the Red line or the Blue line. The cost to the City Centre from here is £1.70 for a one way, so not too bad!



The next shot is of our neighborhood pub - The Great Northern Pub! It's great as they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and although a pub, I would not classify their food as "pub food!" We enjoy going every now and then to visit with the locals.



Next is on my walk to Tesco (grocery), which is also my running path - I try to do 4 miles, four days a week through the Mickleover neighborhood. Anyway, thought I'd show you a snip-it!



It's a really pretty run and quite hilly - although you can't tell on this particular picture!

After venturing to town and finding a haberdashery - I explored a bit and upon returning home, captured an amazing picture of the moon at dusk (by the way, it was 4:30 when I snapped this pic)!



Beautiful!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you find that the Brits use public transportation and walk more than we do in the USA? I wish we had more walking venues and public transportation here and did not have to rely so much on personal vehicles. Maybe there would not be so much obesity!!!
Do you have a bus pass? I always buy one when traveling and love the freedom to travel that way.

January 20, 2011 at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home