Sunday, February 6, 2011

Toby Lerone

So Dave needed a hair cut and has been regularly going to Hair For Men in Mickleover - a local establishment just down the street from our neighborhood. Anyway, there are three people who work there and Dave has gone to two of the three of them - but every time, wanted the owner (who appears more experienced, and for later on in this story, he's the one who wears eye glasses and is always booked up all the time). Anyway, Dave texted me asking to please get him an appointment for this Saturday. He said to specifically ask for Toby. I automatically assumed it was the owner's name as well as the man he's been wanting to cut his hair all along. I of course, obliged. He then said again, "please ask for Toby Lerone." I texted back, "OK."

I call up the barbershop and ask to schedule an appointment for Dave with "Toby Lerone."

Now, some of you may be reading this and thinking - is this a joke? - and maybe a small fraction of you are reading this and not getting it....not getting it like I didn't get it at first!

So the man who answered the phone said, "There is no Toby here, only a Stuart and...." and I can't remember the other names he said, but he then said, "One wears spectacles, and the others don't." And since, I went with Dave the first few times, I remembered he wanted the guy with glasses, so I said, "spectacles." Upon uttering the full - TOBY LERONE name, I realized what came out of my mouth and felt like a complete moron!!!!! I could hear a little laughter in the man's voice! Of course there isn't a man there named Toby Lerone - who honestly is named after chocolate!!!!!!!!!



Just another funny story not only to keep all you readers entertained, but a great indication of how Dave and I try to keep our lives interesting! Haha! Great laugh for ALL of us! Needless to say, Dave got a great hair cut, and I, well, I will get him back eventually! Stay tuned! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home