Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day with an order of stomach flu


We celebrated our sixth Valentine's Day together and unfortunately, one of us succumbed to the dreaded, miserable, uninvited stomach flu.

We had planned to have a nice dinner at home to celebrate the day - I was going to pick up pork chops, spinach and potatoes, as well as ingredients to bake a dessert - until I received a text at about 10:00am from Dave saying he was achy and that his stomach hurt. I told him to finish up what he was working on and come home. Of course, he didn't listen.

I went for my daily run as usual, thinking by the time I got back home, he'd be there. Well, he wasn't. So, I thought maybe he was starting to feeling better. I got ready to run to the store when a second text from Dave was received on my phone saying he was feeling worse. I told him I could make him some homemade chicken noodle soup, but he said all food sounded horrible. I again told him he needed to get home to lay down, and decided to skip going to the grocery altogether.

An hour or so later, the front door opened and he was finally home at the early time of...4:00! My workaholic husband - poor guy.

Sickly, frail, and with a high fever, he still managed to pick me up a beautiful bouquet of flowers and the sweetest card!



I felt like yelling at the poor thing because he should have just come home and not worried about the flowers! Anyway, he took some Tylenol and drank some water and headed to bed.

Our Valentine's Day, although not what we expected, turned out...well, "crappy" but, we had each other, and that's all that matters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home