Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A visit from Grandma and Grandpa Pike!

 


My parents visited us last week and got to meet their new granddaughter for the very first time!  It was amazing seeing my parents' faces light up when they first saw Anna and how they immediately fell in love with her.  It makes me proud - proud as Anna's mother and proud to be their daughter. 
We spent the week hanging out and enjoying our time together - it was great!  When we weren't at baby stores shopping for Anna (Grandma and Grandpa already love to spoil her =) we did venture out for a few fun stops as well!  We went to York, Barton, Matlock and Bakewell to tour and shop!  Dave also took Dad to Abingdon so he could see where his 1967 Austin Healey was made.  Dad and Dave also cooked quite the feast for all of us on Easter - an 8 pound turkey, homemade gravy, asparagus and baked mac 'n cheese - it was great!
Having my parents here was such a great gift and I wish I could have frozen time for a bit.  Watching them interacting with Anna made me well up a bit (me, emotional?!) - I think every part of me was smiling - especially my heart.  We reminisced about old memories and it made me smile because I know one day, Dave and I will be doing the same thing with Anna - reflecting on our lives and memories together - and it makes me happy.  Since they left, I have been feeling a bit nostalgic about my own childhood - about all the amazing things my parents did for my siblings and I and all the vacations we took, the family dinners at the dinner table, soccer games, family get-togethers, all the love and encouragement they always provided.  I hope someday I can be half as good of a parent as my parents were, and still are to me.  I hope I make them proud.  
I feel so blessed to have two of the most loving, caring and special people in the world as my parents.  
Here are some pictures from the week:
Warming up with a spot of coffee at the Waterfront Pub - Barton Marina
Anna sporting her new sweater from Grandma and Grandpa!
Dad giving Anna the tour of Bakewell
Antique-ing!
York
The "Queen" with Mom, Anna and I
York Minster

The Queen and Prince Phillip were having lunch at this restaurant - we tried to get as close as we could to get a glimpse!
Dad at the British Motor Heritage Museum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home