Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A visit from friends: London, Stonehenge and more

My college friend, Lindsey and her husband Brandon flew out to visit Dave and I for a week! Lindsey is a great planner and had itineraries for everything! I think she may have even had an itinerary for her itinerary! Haha! (Love ya Linds!) Needless to say, she kept us all organized and it helped in the long run because there is so much to see and do here!

Dave had to work part of the week - so I dropped him off at work Monday and Tuesday so we could have the car to go to Chatsworth House and York.

Here are a few pictures. Please keep in mind I didn't take too many of Chatsworth House or York because Dave and I already have been and took tons of pictures then. I will upload more from Lindsey once she gets home.

Chatsworth House




Lindsey in front of the Cascade Fountain








York - tea at Betty's Tea House

Brandon and Lindsey


My dessert and tea - chocolate mousse!


York Minster Church


Brandon and Linds on top of the south side of the York city walls.






Dave took Thursday and Friday off work and we drove down to London for a long weekend! It was a blast and we had great weather! Pics below!

Buckingham Palace




Victoria Memorial


St. James' Park




Admiralty Arch




Trafalgar Square - Nelson's Column




Big Ben


London Eye


Closer shot of Big Ben








Westminster Abbey




Piccadilly Circus


Shaftesbury Memorial


Piccadilly Circus tube station





Lunch at Sherlock Holmes Pub


The River Thames


After London, we headed to Stonehenge!












Overall, we had a great trip filled with great friends, great food, and great sites to see!

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger jr said...

You are quite the photographer! You make London look even more wonderful than it is. I haven't been there for many years, but these pics make me want to revisit! I'm so glad you're having such great times there . . . and it won't be long before you'll have a little one to share them all with you.
xx from Cousin Jennifer

September 29, 2011 at 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home