Monday, October 3, 2011

16 Weeks!

I am officially in week 16!  According to www.thebump.com, Baby Anderson is the size of an avocado!  Baby has been busy growing and as for me - my tummy has been busy doing, well, much of the same!  My jeans are a bit tight now and I've been relying on my little handy-dandy tummy tube!  They're great and definitely help!!  Plus, I'm not quite ready for maternity clothes yet and these tubes allow me to still wear my jeans comfortably!  Also, I have yet to find any maternity clothes here that remotely look halfway decent.  I'll just have to do some more shopping around!

Last week was our second midwife appointment!  My blood tests came back great - not anemic, great iron levels, I'm 0+ and my blood pressure is 100/60!  We also got to experience another amazing milestone - we got to hear Baby Anderson's heartbeat!  It was right up there there with seeing the baby on the ultrasound! - so amazing!  Before the midwife began, she said that sometimes they have a hard time finding the baby's heartbeat, not because there is a problem, but because the baby is hiding.  So, that made me sort of nervous because I had been looking forward to this day for, well, since we found out we were pregnant!  The midwife stuck the fetal Doppler wand thingy on my belly and immediately found the heartbeat!  It was so cool to hear it!!!!!!  Dave had the biggest smile on his face - seeing him so excited made me even more excited!  The midwife then said, "Your baby sure isn't shy!"  And we all laughed! 

I haven't felt the baby move or kick yet, but will let you all know as soon as I do!  More updates soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home