Wednesday, September 7, 2011

From two......



To  T H R E E!!!!!

The Anderson family is expanding! Dave and I are excited to announce that we are 12 weeks pregnant and Baby Anderson is due on March 17, 2012 - St. Patrick's Day!!

Tuesday was our first ultra sound and I have to say, so many emotions were running through me! We are just overwhelmed with happiness!!!!!!! Baby Anderson is growing well and as our technician stated, "textbook" in size and development. I had to drink a ton of water before the 'scan' (as the Brits say) and immediately forgot how uncomfortable I was once I saw Baby up on the screen. I just started crying!!!! The tech said it was my hormones, but, and Dave will agree, I know it was just pure raw emotion and happiness! Dave teared up too and as we held each others hands and stared up at the monitor, it became more real to us than ever that we indeed have a little one on the way - it really is a totally different feeling once you've actually "seen" the little one and the heartbeat fluttering!!!!!!! Also, Baby Anderson was moving all over the place and was jumping around in there! It was hilarious - even the technician was laughing! =)

Now to answer your commonly asked questions:
  1. I feel great! I only had about a two week period where the only foods that were remotely appealing to me were oatmeal and saltine crackers, but that has since subsided, thankfully!
  2. I am 12 weeks, 5 days
  3. No, we do not know the sex of the baby yet, but will find out soon!
  4. No, I am not showing yet
  5. Yes, the baby will be born here in the U.K. and as far as dual citizenship - I'm still trying to find out!
  6. Yes, I'm still running 16 miles a week - it's nice to have a little buddy to run with!
  7. Yes, we are still planning on traveling as much as we can up until the due date
  8. We will be back in the States for three weeks for Christmas, so we hope to see all of you then!
Since moving to England, my blog has been my go-to source for reporting on our lives and travels so that our family and friends can get an insider view of our life overseas and follow right along with us. Now that Baby Anderson is on the way, my blog has a new and greater purpose and I'll do my best to keep you updated on all of our pregnancy developments! Stay tuned!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like I am the first to post a comment! So happy for you and David and can't wait to see you over the holidays. We must get together! Love you both very much!

Love, Shirley

September 9, 2011 at 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick looked at the picture of your baby and says "That's a chipmunk". lol Kristen K

September 10, 2011 at 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home