Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My new car!


After a great deal of research and even more searching, Dave and I finally bought a second car! Now that we have it, I am not quite sure how I ever lived without it (no more having to rely on public transportation)! It's a 2001 Volkswagen Golf TDI. It's a manual, four door with a hatchback and is a diesel - gets about 60 mpg! We've owned it for two weeks and I still have a half a tank of gas left (and that's after driving it to the gym every day and a shopping trip to Birmingham)!
While I miss the luxury of being up high off the road and the roominess of my Tahoe back home, this little guy zips around on even the smallest of British roads (and parking lots) - something you can only appreciate if you drive over here. Some dual lane roads here are the equivalent to one lane back home and most of the time there are cars parked on either side, making the road even smaller!  So the smaller the car, the better!  Luckily, the trunk - or as the Brits say - the "boot" while small, still manages to fit the baby's stroller perfectly!  So, we're all ready (and SO excited) for when baby Anderson arrives!  
Anyway, just wanted to update you on our newest addition to the Anderson fleet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home