Thursday, February 9, 2012

Verbier Ski Trip for the Dad-To-Be

Dave and I were invited to go skiing with an old friend of mine from elementary school - Dorothy Touponce and her husband, Bob.  They live and work in Lausanne, Switzerland and we were able to visit with them and ski Verbier with them a little over a year ago. 
Because I'm too far along in my pregnancy to fly, I was unable to go and I urged Dave to go without me.  He had some reservations about leaving me home especially after the whole hospital/kidney thing, but I managed to talk him into it!  ;)  Plus, I had baby errands to run and he was only gone a couple days! 
Dorothy has a good friend who owns a chalet right on the Verbier mountain and was nice enough to offer to let them stay there for the long weekend - they could literally ski right out the front door!  Verbier is about an hour and twenty minute drive from Lausanne, so Dave flew from Birmingham into Geneva and took the train to Lausanne, then met up with Dorothy and Bob who then drove out to Verbier. 
As you will see, their pictures are incredible!  The views from the top are amazing and they had fresh powder both days!








Skiing above the clouds!


Dave and Bob enjoying a brew

























Dorothy

Dave enjoying a steak after a morning of snowboarding





Bob and Dorothy
The crew - Bob, Dorothy and Dave



Dave, about to head down into the clouds!









Dave and Dorothy stopping for a pic










Toasting to Baby Anderson!


View from Dave's room at the chalet
Dave's room
Dorothy, Bob, Tully and Denali!
Hot tub!
Dave relaxing after a long, hard day on the slopes!
Dave had a great time and I'm glad he got to get a trip in before Baby Anderson arrives!  Thanks to Dorothy and Bob for being so hospitable and keeping my hubby safe out on the slopes! 















1 Comments:

Blogger Jay and Lori Seppanen said...

How fun, skiing above the clouds. Love the pics, day of skiing followed by a beer and hot tub. Sure makes me jealous.

I forgot to compliment you on the guerilla photography with the hairy guy in the pool. That was pretty funny.

February 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home