Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Baby Update: 34 Weeks!

We're at 34 weeks!  As you can see, we're growing right along!  While I feel great (no more kidney pain or arm pain), I am finding that I am growing more and more uncomfortable.  Night time seems to be the worst - constantly trying to find a comfortable spot, getting up every hour to pee, and battling heartburn are never a good combination!  Luckily, I have a very forgiving husband!
My daily walking has definitely suffered lately - I get very sore just walking a mile, so I've been swimming and doing the elliptical to get exercise.  Also, I recently found out about a prenatal yoga class from my midwife, so this week, I decided to try it out - and I am glad I went.  I was able to meet some local mom-to-be's from our village/area who are due right around the same time and it was nice to get their perspective on how their pregnancies are going, fears, concerns, etc.  Also, the instructor was great and made me feel a part of the group right away.  This is the first time I've every done any kind of yoga, so I was a bit nervous, but it was fun and relaxing.  A woman who used to be in this class came and spoke to us about her birthing experience.  She just had her baby 6 days ago and she looked great and her baby was so well behaved!  She discussed everything from the moment she starting having contractions through to learning how to breastfeed right after her baby was born!  It was very insightful and reassuring.  She delivered at Royal Derby Hospital where Dave and I will be delivering at and she said the midwives were very attentive to her and that she only had a few issues in getting immediate help when learning to breastfeed.  
Hearing her story made me feel better about the NHS and the healthcare system here.  As with any new experience, you have to take the good with the bad - and after my less than desirable hospital stay last month, I am trying to keep a positive outlook on everything.  Just because they do things differently here doesn't mean it's wrong.  Hopefully, I'm still thinking this after the baby is born!  =)  
Baby Anna's nursery is all set up and ready to go minus some fitted sheets and a mattress pad!  For some reason, even though they sell Graco brand Pack 'n Play's here in England, they don't sell the correct size fitted sheets!  So, my Mom thankfully purchased them in the States and is sending them over with Gary when he comes next week for work.  Other than that, I've got baby's hospital bag packed, just in case and I've started laying things out for myself....just in case!  You never know!  
We are getting very excited over here in the Anderson household!  Heading to Glasgow, Scotland for a long weekend, more next week!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home