Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Anna's nursery and my Pinterest addiction

I made this butterfly mobile for Anna's nursery!
While in England, I discovered a website called Pinterest.com.  I have mentioned it on here before.  It's the greatest website in the world and has everything you can imagine on it - my favorite is the crafts and DIY project ideas.  Everyone, my name is Sarah, and I'm addicted to Pinterest!  Haha!  Anyway, got this great idea for a butterfly mobile there and decided to get creative and make it.  
First, I cut out 136 butterflies - 68 in lavender paper and 68 in vellum.  I cut out extras just in case.  I then glued the butterflies - one lavender and one vellum together with fishing wire in between, spaced 3 inches apart from each other on each fishing wire string.  The strings of butterflies were then attached to a wire hoop and I decorated the hoop with tulle and lavender colored ribbon. 
This project took me a while as Anna keeps me pretty busy during the day, so I would work on it a little bit each night.  I admit, I now have the crafting bug!  More projects to come! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home