Friday, June 3, 2011

Canary Islands - Part II

A last minute decision led to yet another outstanding vacation for us! Dave had a few days off from work because of the bank holiday and what better way to get away from the...well, lets face it...dreary UK weather, than to escape to somewhere warm and sunny! A month ago, we spent a week in Fuerteventura and have toyed with the idea to go back there....well, there and everywhere else in the EU for that matter! This time Italy was our top choice, however, all the flights were booked and the Canary Islands, although option #2, ended up becoming our destination.

We had a great time - I got to read my book - Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. If you like any of his books, you will definitely like this one just as much if not more! It was a fast read and I couldn't put it down! So, my days were spent poolside in the beautiful sunshine, while Dave spent his time getting in some more kiteboarding training with his instructor, Danny Seales on the beaches of Cotillo.

On the last day, I did go out with the two of them to see Dave in action! He's progressed so much in the few lessons he's had and I had to see it for myself! This girl = so proud! =)

Here are a few pics and videos I snapped! Enjoy!











As you can see, Dave got right up like a pro! Also, I am happy to report there were no repeats of last trips wipeout!! (I was nervous the whole time though - my poor fingernails can attest!)







While we had a great time and got in some R&R (well, I did at least...I think Dave's arm muscles are still burning!), there was an important holiday taking place in our absence. It was Memorial Weekend back in the States and we couldn't help but think back and reflect on all the great times and memories we've had with our families and friends...and we missed home. Our thoughts became filled with the endless barbecues, family get-to-gethers, boating, Dale Hollow Lake, the sound of bagpipes (yeah Dad!), the sites and sounds of the Indy 500, and of course of all the veterans who served, who fought and died for our great country and to those who continue to serve for our freedom. We feel very blessed to call ourselves Americans, and while the UK has been a great experience, our hearts are and will always be in the United States of America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home