Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Surprise care package from Lindsey!



Today was a normal day for us in the Anderson household...woke up at 6:00am, Dave showered while I got his lunch ready. By 6:30, he was ready for work and I walked him out, we kissed goodbye and I threw out dinner ideas before he drove away. I went back upstairs and got back to my iPhone game - Words with Friends! Dave and I are both soooo addicted, it's ridiculous! It's essentially Scrabble but on your iPhone. Anyway, you can play as many games at a time as you want and I'm currently playing Dave (of course), Beth Brent and Nathan Boyd! Since we're five hours ahead of everyone from home, I usually wake up to it being my turn since they most likely played their word while I was sleeping. So I made my plays, watched the BBC news for a bit, then popped in my contacts and washed my face. As I was getting ready to get my running gear on, the door bell rang! I was surprised, because it was 8:00am and I had no idea who it could be this early!

I run downstairs and peep through the peephole and see a man holding a big box. I open the door, get the usual, "Good morning miss - need your signature please" in a British accent, sign and he hands me the package and leaves with a friendly, "Cheers." I say thanks and close the door. I have no idea who this is from. I recall that my Mother-in-law mentioned the other day that she was sending some books to us from the States, and thought to myself, "well that was fast!"

I get upstairs and assess the box. I recognize the handwriting on the address section, but it's not my Mother-in-laws. Then I see the little return address label - it's from Lindsey and Brandon Harding!!!! Lindsey and Brandon visited us about a month ago for a week and I'm super excited yet curious to see what they could possibly be sending us!!

I ripped open the box like a kid on Christmas morning! Sorry Dave - I just couldn't wait! =)

Anyway, after ripping....I mean gently opening the box, there was a little envelope on top. It was the sweetest thank you card from Linds and Brandon. They had had a great time with us and wanted to thank us for hosting. I immediately got a little choked up - could be hormones (Aunt Flow is currently visiting), or just because I was THAT excited....but the latter is what I'm sticking with and it's always nice to be thought of. It was actually perfect timing because I've been feeling a bit homesick lately, and having a piece of home come to us here in England made me feel instantly better.

The contents of the box Lindsey sent over included: Jiff peanut butter which isn't sold over in the UK and I've been missing it! (By the way, she also brought me a jumbo size one when they came last month! The thing must weigh 5 pounds!) She also sent gummy bears - I know what you're thinking, why would a couple of 29 year olds eat gummy bears, but not gonna lie, we love the darn things! Linds also burned us a CD with all of the pictures they took on it! I'm so glad to have this so we can always look back and remember their trip out here. I'm going to hold off on getting them printed until we get back to the States only because I don't want to print them all off and have something happen to them when we move home next year.

She also sent us their leftover £'s and €'s! She instructed that the Euro's be used in Ireland when we go over to tour Dublin and the Guinness factory! I think we can manage that one! =)

And last but not least, she sent us a brand new set of sheets! It really is a funny story - when they were here last month, she had used a brand new face lotion and it had sort of bleached the pillow case she slept on. She was so upset about it and sent not just a pillow case, but a whole set - two pillow cases, a fitted sheet and a flat sheet! It's also funny because the sheet sets they sell in the UK don't come with a flat sheet. So the first night they spent the night, they asked where it was and I had to tell them that I thought it was weird too! Anyway, it was not a big deal and I feel bad she bought and sent a whole new set! LOVE the color by the way! =)

So, thank you Lindsey and Brandon, for making my week with the care package! We miss you!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home