Thursday, October 20, 2011

Baby Update: Week 18

I am now at 18 weeks and baby and I are getting bigger!  I finally gave in and purchased some maternity clothes.  Not going to lie, there aren't too many maternity stores around here that have nice looking clothes, so I was glad when Dave found a Gap Maternity in Leicester (about 25 minutes away) -  he made my day!  I bought a pair of jeans and a few shirts - I'm trying to stick with the essentials for right now.  
I've pretty much stopped my running - it is starting to get uncomfortable.  I walk four miles a day - either on my old running course through the Mickleover neighborhood, or at the gym we just joined.  It's definitely not as rewarding to me as running is, but still a good workout and probably safer for the baby at this point along in my pregnancy.  On a side note - all my workout gear is starting to fit funny - I am probably the pity of all the women in the gym locker room (they all look like they just stepped out of a Nike ad/beauty salon)!  I have to wear two sports bra's, a t-shirt of Dave's and in order for my Nike running shorts to fit, I have to "sag" them!  Changing in the locker room used to never phase me!  But it's all worth it!  =) 
 As far as food cravings go, I have a couple - peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and raspberry-banana smoothies!  I can't say why in the world I crave PB&J so much as it's something my Mom used to make for me every day for lunch since I was a little kid through high school!  In fact, I don't think I've eaten a PB&J for about 10 years up to now!  And as for the smoothies - it started when I had a bout of morning sickness in my first trimester - I couldn't eat much as nothing was appetizing and smoothies settled my stomach.  Also, it's easy to make and a healthy snack and I just can't get enough of them for some reason!

I finally started two registries for Baby Anderson - one at Target and one at buybuyBaby.  My Mom and sister are both throwing us baby showers for when we come home for Christmas and I figured I should start figuring out what we need!  Not going to lie, the task is a bit daunting as there is so much out there to choose from!  Also, I need to figure out what we should just buy here in England vs. what should stay home until we return home next year.  The baby will be about 6 months old when we move home, so I'm thinking he/she won't need a ton of stuff here, but will definitely need/want them for later on.  Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions on products or must-have's, I'm open to advice!  
Lot's to do!  We are so excited about coming home for Christmas and seeing everyone!  And I know Dave is excited for some extended time off from work!
We have our second scan on November 1st and will find out if we're having a boy or girl!  So stay tuned!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home