Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Baby Update: 20 Weeks



We're having a......GIRL!!!!!

Up until this point during my pregnancy, people have been asking what I thought we were having and to be honest, I had no inkling, no motherly instinct, no intuition, no gut feeling.  All I had and still have is the hope that baby Anderson is happy and healthy.  We had our second ultrasound last Tuesday, November 1st.  Once in the scan room, the sonographer wasted no time checking baby's organs and growth/development.  The sonogrpaher said baby looked great and healthy and that everything checked out fine.  Dave and I were relieved of course but were anxious for the next part as well - determining the gender!  Baby Anderson did not make the sonographer's job easy, as she was moving all over the place and for some reason, kept scratching her head!  At one point she even gave us the "thumbs-up!" It was hilarious!  My little one is already making me smile.  
After some searching and baby moving around a bit, the umbilical cord moved out of the way just long enough to see that we were having a girl!  It was such an exciting moment for us!  We're having a girl
Now, onto my next task - decorating the nursery!  As a girl who grew up in a pink room with pink flower wallpaper and pink carpet, I'm a little "pinked" out.  Dave and I love all shades of blue and decided it would be our main color.  I've started looking at crib bedding and am having a tough time deciding on anything - is it bad that I definitely know what I don't want?!  I don't want any characters - sorry Pooh, sorry Disney Princesses.  I don't want anything gaudy or loud, just something sweet and understated and simple.  The search continues!  
Here are baby's ultrasound pics - she wouldn't hold still long enough for the sonographer to get a good shot of her head/face, but her arms and legs and spine are very evident.  Our little one!  =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home