Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dave's Homemade Jalapeno Pickles!


If you know Dave and I, you know that we LOVE Costco!  The only downside about Costco is that we don't always have room for all the large quantities we buy (this goes for food, toiletries, even house cleaners)!  Not a bad problem to have, I guess, and if anything, it's made us more adventurous in the kitchen!  So, we had a large supply of cucumbers - and I knew no salad would ever be big enough to accommodate the large quantity that needed to be eaten before they went bad!  So, Dave decided he was going to make pickles! 
He researched various recipes and then decided - as he usually does - to make his own version!  So, he made "Dave's 81 Varieties Pickles" - flavored with jalapenos!  He even made his own label!  I don't know about any of you, but the fact that he went to all the trouble to do this put a huge smile on my face!  I have the most awesome husband ever!  (Oh, and he had a big smile on his face too - pretty sure he was really impressed with himself!)
The cucumbers will take a week to "pickle" - so we'll see how this goes!  I'm excited to try them!  
By the way, I'm still not having any crazy cravings, but they do say pickles top the list of pregnant women's must-have foods!  Maybe this will be the catalyst!? 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home