Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dave's 30th Birthday!!

Happy 30th Birthday to the love of my life!!!!!!  
Today is Dave's 30th Birthday!  He's been so busy at work, I think it just now hit him that he's actually turning 30!  I keep trying to reassure him that it's not so bad - after all, I've already been 30 for three months now!  =)
I had a hard time falling asleep last night - just couldn't get comfortable and little baby Anderson was moving all around - no doubt due to the awesome dinner Dave made!  I was thinking about our life together over the past six years and how much we have done together.  We are so blessed and so thankful.  And now, we're going to have a baby and a new chapter is just starting for us.  I am so thankful for my husband and decided to jot down a few things about how awesome he is!  In honor of him turning the big 3-0, I thought 30 reasons would be appropriate!  
30 reasons my husband is so amazing:
1. Dave's pickup line when we met was, "You're gorgeous!"
2. Dave can fix anything
3. Dave proposed to me on his boat in the middle of Dale Hollow Lake
4. Dave loves all 80's music, enough said
5. Dave's favorite song came on the other night at dinner and he stood up and asked me to dance - we danced in the kitchen, just because
6. Dave loves to cuddle - however, it's me that cuddles/spoons him!
7. Dave is an amazing cook and can turn any boring meal into a masterpiece
8. Dave is too tall for most things in life - especially British cars, doorways and king size beds
9. Dave is the hardest working person I know
10. Dave loves his parents so much
11. Dave has a huge soft side for dogs
12. Dave says he doesn't like chocolate, but if I make something chocolatey - he's all over it!
13. Dave talks in his sleep
14. Dave hates running, but he started running for me
15. Dave has more iTunes, than iTunes
16. Dave only wears polo shirts or collared button down shirts
17. Dave's favorite color is blue
18. Dave secretly dreams of opening his own restaurant someday
19. Dave hates surprises
20. Dave loves gummy bears
21. Dave cries when he laughs if something is really funny (the cutest thing I've ever witnessed!)
22. Dave's favorite beverage is sugar-free Red Bull
23. Dave is the most adventurous person I know - he kiteboards, snowboards, snowmobiles, wake-boards, hikes, mountain bike's - he'll try anything!
24. Dave bought not one, but two bouquets of flowers after our first ultrasound (one for me, and one for the baby!)
25. Dave can't sit still and always has to be doing something!
26. Dave's favorite pastime - racing go-carts and he thinks he could be a professional racecar driver
27. Dave makes me smile, every day
28. Dave started his own lawn and landscape company when he was a teenager
29. Dave makes spreadsheets for just about anything and everything
30. Dave asked my Dad for his permission to marry me

I am thankful for today and every day I get to wake up next to my husband.  He makes every day special and I feel so blessed that I have this amazing person to share my life with.  I love you Dave!!!!  Happy Birthday to the man of my dreams, the love of my life and the best friend in the whole world.

I LOVE YOU!!

I made him a mini brownie cake with white chocolate chunks!

This is the scarf I knitted him!

Isn't he so handsome!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home