Monday, July 30, 2012

The Better Halves Club

I have been meaning to post about the exclusive and, might I add, members-only group I joined while over here in England - it's called the Better Halves Club - or as us members affectionately refer to it - BHC.  BHC was established in January of this year by founder and fellow expat Jay Seppanen.  He is a RR spouse who thought it a great idea for us non-working spouses to get together bi-monthly to chat, hang out, compare experiences, give advice, commiserate, and support each other.  It's really been a great support network for me (and Anna) and I have made some really great friends.  We usually meet for lunch and try to pick new locations each time.  We have members who are here for varied times - some for only a few months to some who are here for three years.  We vary in age from 4 months old - my little Anna ;) - to mid 50's. We are all pretty much from the Indianapolis area and most RR spouses are in Engineering - Dave's the only one in Finance out of the group.  Aside from getting together, we also get our whole families together for dinners, cookouts and if you remember - we all got together when the Olympic torch came through our city.
I am very thankful to Jay for starting this group and wish that someone had started something like this sooner.  I can honestly say I have made some life long friends here and I will miss them when we move home.  But - the upside is - they'll all be moving back to Indy at some point, so I am thinking a reunion is in order!! 
Anna and I have our last meeting next week - I will try to remember to bring my camera so I can get a group shot! 

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay and Lori Seppanen said...

We'll miss you two (and Dave at our family get togethers)! We're sad to see you go but happy that you are going home.

July 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home